Sunday, April 7, 2013

Quick Army Update

The army is coming closer and closer to completion, but there's still tons to be done.  I bought 2 3'x8' tables the other day which put together make a nice sized apocalypse table or so I thought.  As I put together my army, I place them in their formations to motivate me to keep pushing.  The main goal at the moment is to finish building all of the boxes I have left, which includes:
-5 Deathwing Knights
-3 Ravenwing Black Knights
-A Ravenwing Battleforce
-A Dark Shroud Land Speeder
-10 Tactical Marines
-A couple Dreadnoughts
-A Land Raider Crusader
-And I have to finish detailing my DIY Warhound Titan
After all of those are built, I'll shift over to the painting phase.  I have fought internally over returning to my Guardians of Silence color scheme and I'm definitely leaning towards it.  The titans I have yet to figure out how I want to paint them, I was thinking a purple/violet frame with a red head and weapon mounts, with gold for accents.  I counted up the total point count for all of these so far and I'm looking right around 9,000 points including the Titans, as I get more troops/vehicles/fortifications I'll be hitting 10,00 which looks pretty awesome on the table I must say. 
Thus far the best scenario we can think of, is a heroic last stand against the forces of evil who want a forbidden and ominous warp relic.  The guardians have been valiantly defending it, yet they are being overcome.  The Steel Eagles (friends DIY chapter) have come to their aid on the thick walls protecting the chapel from xenos incursion in hopes to drive the xenos off the planet and away from the dark relic.
Last night I managed to get a Nephilim Jetfighter built and primed in a matter of an hour and I started painting the interior details.  I also started to paint a test model for my Guardians of Silence colors on my Dark Angels and so far its looking pretty good.
Hope you enjoyed reading and let me know if you have any comments or questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment