Thursday, March 28, 2013

An Apocalypse Army Needs an Apocalypse Weapon

After seeing many of my friends who play 40K build and paint super heavy Apocalypse models, I decided that my army was lacking such a big gun. So I decided I was going to change that, the Dark Angels had to have a way to hit the Greenskin Stompa back so hard my buddy would be scared to field them against me ever again. My first thought was one of the biggest and baddest super heavy weapons the Imperium has in its arsenal, a Warlord class titan. After looking into building one of these god machines, I opted for its much smaller brother the Warhound. My lack of experience in scratchbuilding and the extremely long time to completion for a Warlord, pushed me to a Warhound Titan. Rules wise the scout titan is a cheap bargain for some heavy Titan weaponry with enough armor and shielding to make it survivable enough to punish the enemy before it is destroyed. Also the templates online for a Warhound are very good and very beginner friendly thus it began. I spent a lot of time researching how best to go about the project and decided that using cardstock (or cereal box cardboard in my case) was probably going to be the best to learn how to scrathcbuild. So on the 21st of March, construction began on my titan with the help of a friend who also wanted to build one. Together we began to assemble our titans and its been quite a process since. In my case, I can never do a simple project so I decided i wanted to add LED lights to mine and thus began a whole process of learning how to do LED's which I have never had any experience with. In the coming weeks, I will be making a post on all I learned about how to add LED's to a model but for now I'm just trying to finish up this Warhound. Enough words, I present to you Decimis Lux of the Legio Astorum (he's pretty rough but I'm on to the detailing now):





No comments:

Post a Comment