Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

It's been a little while since I've posted anything and I thought I'd stop by and wish my readers a Merry Christmas! I have been taking a "break" from 40k to spend more time with the family. Work has been taking a toll on my free time, we're on 3 section duty at the moment which means I have to go stay on the ship all day and night once every three days on top of my 7 to 4, 5 days a week schedule. As you can see this leaves little time for anything let alone my family and hobby, it's only going to get worse in 2013 too. I haven't forgotten my brother Guardians though. The chapel has been a huge monster of a project and it's honestly burning me out. That being said I still have full intentions of completing it within the next few months, but for now it's going on the back burner. My army still needs a lot of work, let alone the work I was commissioned to paint/build which is a whole other mess. I have also been looking at buying some Trollbloods from Privateer Press's Hordes line. I love the models, I love the background which is very different from Space Marines. In all truth, there is one model which I saw that drew me in like a black hole, the Trollbloods Mountain King. I am fighting everything inside of me to not go out, buy this guy, and paint him right now. So there may be more to come in that venture as well. In the meantime I'm going to play with some of my new Christmas gifts, a Citadel Ultimate Paint Set (YES!!!!!) along with all the Citadel brushes and a large red 40K figure case from GW. I made out like a bandit this year! (Don't worry so did the wife...) I also got $150 in checks, so that Mountain King may be coming soon :D. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well, I was lucky enough to have Christmas Eve and today off to spend with the family. Until next time brothers.








No comments:

Post a Comment