Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lots of work, No results...

So yet another day passes by with very little actual progress on the chapel, it seems as if a few hours of work does little to change the overall look of the monster. Such as today, with both me and my wife working on it for the past few hours we only managed to sand the plaster spackling some, hot glue the lights farther into the wall then spackle some of them in to hide the hole, and glue some of the cardboard pieces I made onto the front. Overall it was a lot of work, yet looking at it there is only a few differences. Definitely frustrating. I also began to attempt to work on the stairs, definitely problematic. I have 5mm foamcore I was planning on using, problem is I have 2.75" to climb which equate to approximately 70 mm. Therefore I will need 14 steps to make it to the top and only 6" to get there. The math equates to approximately .43" between steps which isn't very game-able. More frustration. On a better note, I have further polished the idea of how I am going to get this thing finished and looking good. Once the stairs are finished and the lights are put in, one last layer of spackling will go on to smooth everything out. With that complete, I will be going in and creating the large brick effect using a hot knife to give the walls more texture. I am thinking about 3/4" tall x 11/4" long bricks, there will be a degree of randomness but not too much. Once that is finished I will be making the light "mounts" out of wire. Then its some further detail made with cardboard on the raised floor and entrance area. More will be posted later on further ideas.
I also managed to head to the local model train store here in the Norfolk area, its called Dale's Train Station. Pretty awesome little place definitely worth a visit if you're in the area. I managed to get my hands on quite a bit of supplies for a good price.
Thats about it for today, I have duty tomorrow so I'll post more Monday night.






No comments:

Post a Comment