Sunday, February 24, 2013

Becoming the Unforgiven!

Now for my biggest news!  I have joined the Unforgiven in their ever continuing hunt for the Fallen, I am now a Dark Angels player.  It was no easy decision to put aside my Guardians of Silence DIY chapter and begin anew with the First Legion.  It was definitely made easier with the release of a bad ass new Codex and a lot of awesome new models.   To get a feel for my new army, I decided to read some of their fluff and I've been loving it.  I've read Angels of Darkness, the Purging of Kadillus, Dark Vengeance and I'm currently working on Ravenwing.  Gav Thorpe has written most of the Dark Angels fluff out there and you can see he really enjoys bringing out the inner turmoil of the chapter over its dark heritage.  The first book I ever read of his was Space Hulk and that is one awesome book. If you're looking into the Dark Angels I can recommend reading any of Gav Thorpe's books as they're sure to not disappoint.  The new Codex provides plenty of fluff in it and I think they did a pretty good job depicting the chapter in it.  With the new Codex, I also bought the Dark Vengeance box as it was an easy way to get a hold of some pre-made Dark Angels marines.  So far I like all the detail they added to the models, some of the poses could have been less static but overall I'd say it was a good buy.  The Chaos Space Marines seem like they will definitely be fun to paint as well.  Here's a picture of my first painted model from the box, it's a little rough but I was seeing how quickly I could crank out a decent looking Space Marine.  Lots to learn but I'm excited to be joining the First Legion.  My next post will go over exactly that, where I'm heading with my new army.
  
Sergeant Rafael




The line highlighting is a little rough, but overall I'm happy with how he turned out.  I still need to work on details but I managed to get this guy done in a night, which for my slow painting is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment